the feminine art

Disclaimer:The first paragraph of the follwing blog is entirely based on my personnal experience with my family and relatives.My remarks are solely targeted at them and not anyone else.

From today,i have a new found respesct for women. Coz I ventured into, for the first time in my life, the art (I will have to call it so from my experience today) which the womenhood have mastered over the years- the art of shopping.
I have always wondered what the big deal abt shopping. More than the count , its the time the fairer sex spent in chosing each item that has baffled me.
But today i had a first hand experience of the pain and trouble they undergo.I had to go on a shopping spree today.Given that there was less than a fortnight left before i left for india, it was already late to start. This being Thanksgiving weekend didnt make any difference to me......went only abt 5 in the evening to walmart. I had no idea what to buy and what not to. Though I had got a vague guideline from my amma (guideline what more to help me have a count of relatives I have and who all needed to be 'taken care of' rather than what all to buy for them).Walmart appeared to me a alltogether new place for me. All items unseen before.I strolled through each section,picking a lot ot clothings,watches,googles, shoes etc just to ditch most of them at some other section far away from theirs'.Suddenly I lost track of how big my 'little' cousins were, how far away my 'near by 'relatives were.........total blank.
How I wish my mother was here ! I cud have entrusted the whole task to her without even bothering to get out of my bed!
Without going much into the details of my endeavor, I ented up purchasing some stuffs which went much beyond my budget. When I look into my checklist, still many relatives uncovered,many items unchecked (reminds me of some movie going over budget!).
Given the small cold wars and politics b/w few of my relatives,I have to make sure that all are treated (or ignored) equally.Most of these relatives living in proximity makes my task critical.
I am known for my diplomacy in my family. This is yet another test for my 'skill'. Lemme see how I come out of it!

AVS

0 comments: